The Latest And Greatest For All Your Home Decor Needs...



Thursday, May 27, 2010

Boards, Boards and More Boards

I just finished this beauty for a client's home in good ole Cali. This is probably one of my all time favorites, simply for the use of color. It is an amazing combination that is on the rise for several of my clients, the added bling and metal flowers doesn't hurt either!!

I love the versatility of my boards that has evolved over the years that I have been designing them. The pic below shows a jewelry board in which all those precious jewels can be hung for all to envy. At the very bottom is an accessory board that displays and organizes all the diva's hairbows, and the board on the right is a classic combination of brown, pink and green. The accessory board and memory board in this picture are available on my website right now.

I made this board for a clients daughter that wanted a board above her desk area, but she also needed a mirror for vanity purposes. So why not have the best of both worlds... a board with a killer vintage mirror.

I made this board several years ago for my mom and it finds itself situated on the wall in a busy hallway where she proudly displays all her grandchildren for all to see. One rule remains about her board... if you want to be on it you have to be black and white, and I must say it is stunning to have vintage tinted photos displayed on it.

Memory boards are simply fantastic because they provide art to your wall that comes alive. You can display many photos at once without it looking unorganized or cluttered.
I even have pearl letters spelling out my daughter's name on her board with a vintage baby rattle haging down. I love putting other things than just photos on them and then it really becomes a conversation piece. With the right combination the board is a timeless piece to add to your decor that holds memories that are ever changing and apart of your daily life.
I can't help but have a special place in my heart for my boards and frames, after all, it is how my whole business started.

No comments:

Post a Comment