The Latest And Greatest For All Your Home Decor Needs...



Sunday, May 9, 2010

Show Me The Layers

I wanted to give another design tip today. Layering!!! One of my favorites and something I use in every single one of my clients accounts. It is a huge aspect to a room in order to create dimension, depth and interest.

This is a great example of layering!! Don't stop with the old shutters, keep going... add crystal sconces, a mirror or an archetectural piece. I have done this many times for my clients with different applications.


Here is one using ceiling medallions to dress up the wall where we put the sconces...



Here they are in the grand scheme of things flanking a desk, board and shelf. If I just put the sconces on the wall they would have no where near the pronounced presence that they have here in the room.

One of my most favorite applications of shelves ever!! This is in one of my client's bathrooms where there is 2 vanities and this vanity was not really in use. So I created a layering of shelves to add an element that you don't really see in a bathroom. The end result was amazing!! This bathroom became instantly inviting!!


Here we see an application of layering chandeliers. Could one really ever have too many chandeliers? Answer... NO!! Could you imaging this over a bed or over a large dining table... Fabulous, just fabulous!



This little cluster of joy in inside of a salon that I did, I wanted to changed things up a bit instead of anchoring the room by a large light fixture, I added a layering affect with these yummy custom hanging lights.


And last but not least, the treasured old door!! I love love love them, because you can layer anything on them for an amazing and very unique look!! This one has a fountain mounted on it for outside use... crazy cute!!

So go ahead and incorporate layering in your decor, you will notice the most amazing transformation when you do this and it will simply make you happy to stare at

2 comments: